Well, I must say, today's appointment was somewhat of a disappointment! I was hoping for some progress and there was absolutely none. Still at 90% effaced and 1 centimeter dilated, I guess this is a stubborn baby! Dr. Lingle said it still can be any day and he said that some people get so far and then stop until actual labor, which can come at any time. Needless to say, a little progress would have been nice as I am getting more and more uncomfortable. Everything looks great though with the baby. He/She is growing - Dr. Lingle is estimating upper 7's to 8 this visit and said it could be in the 9's if I go full term...ouch! The heartbeat has slowed a bit too - today it was at 140, but it could be that there is just not that much space to move around! The baby is in the same position as last time - head very low, back /butt on my left side, limbs on the right. Baby Sparks is still very active and it is getting more and more painful as he/she tries to move around the tight space. All in all, it's not that bad, I am just ready to meet this little one and am not being very patient these days! I am still working and trying to decide when I should leave - I was really hoping to make it to the zoo field trip on May 5th - but it is getting harder and harder to be on my feet all day and I'm pretty tired too. I made it through the K show last night, which was one of my goals as well, so at least I made it to that:) I'll make a decision this weekend.
Mom got here this week in anticipation of baby Sparks early arrival. She has been a huge help- running errands, getting our car seat inspected, making dinner etc. It is so nice to have family here!!
I will keep you posted on any news, as of right now, I'm scheduled for my next doctor visit a week from today.
well you look great! hang in there. can't wait to see some pics of the little one when he/she makes their arrival :)
ReplyDeleteyou look fabulous!! so cute!! can't wait for his/her arrival!!
ReplyDelete