Thursday, April 15, 2010

36 Week Visit




Yesterday I had my 36 week check up and met the final doctor in the group. She was great, so I am very relieved to like everyone in the practice! She estimates that the baby is upper 6 to lower 7 in weight - which would put baby in the upper 8's at birth if I were to go the full term. The heartbeat started out in the 140's, but the baby started moving and the heartbeat jumped into the 150's...she commented about the old wives tale where boys have a lower heartbeat and girls have a higher one - but this baby is right in the middle - so who knows. She guessed a boy (which seems to be the majority of guesses these days), we will know soon enough! I was happy to hear that baby is head down and has dropped, I'm 1/2 centimeter dilated (I know a LONG way to go, but something is better than nothing) and 60% effaced or "thinned". She said that was pretty good for a first timer:) I am sure I will still go the full 40 weeks, but it is nice to think that maybe Baby Sparks may make his/her debut a couple weeks early!! I am feeling really well, starting to retain water, thus swelling in my ankles and hands, but all in all pretty a-OK for being 36 weeks along:) Oh and my iron is much better since doubling up on supplements and eating more spinach & meat. I now start going to the doctor every week and return to my usual guy Dr. Lingle. Next appt. Thursday, April 22nd. More to come then, let's hope for some more progress!!!

1 comment: